Your chance to be a mental health champion
More than 57 per cent of all marketing professionals agree that stress is an issue in their current agency, with heavy workloads and bad management the chief culprits. And almost two-thirds of marketers believe that their bosses don't offer the support that's required to cope.
But forward-thinking agencies are investing in training members of staff as mental health first aiders who are qualified to pick up on the signs of depression and anxiety in their colleagues before burnout begins.
During the day you will...
- Learn to recognise the main signs and symptoms of common mental health issues
- Be able to provide initial support using the tool ‘ALGEE’ (including suicide crisis), applying it to workplace case studies
- Know how to guide a person towards appropriate professional help
- Learn to be mindful of your own mental wellbeing by exploring your ‘stress container’
- Develop an understanding of how you can create and maintain a healthier workforce using the Health & Safety Executive's six sources of workplace stress and NICE guidelines
- Receive a manual, workbook, and e-certificate to prove your qualification
Emma Saccomani, an MHFA qualified instructor, will be running the course at The Collective, 14 Bedford Square, Fitzrovia, London WC1B 3JA. To book your place and qualify as a mental health first aider for your agency, please click here.
Thursday 2nd May 2019