Central London / Remote
Apply for Job
Scientific Director x 2 – Independent Medcomms Agency – London / Remote – To £80k & bonus
Independent, award-winning medcomms agency seeks two ambitious Scientific Directors.
Are you longing to move away from large-agency culture and join an agile, responsive team where you can really make a difference? These roles would suit an existing Scientific Director or a Principal Medical Writer who is looking for promotion.
A flexible and remote working option is also available and the salary (up to £80k) comes with an additional 10% bonus (assuming targets are met) which the agency has hit for the last four years.
This fast-growing, independent 25-person communications agency delivers highly effective, insight-driven medical communication and education programmes, predominantly for global clients.
They work with national and international healthcare companies to gain a deep understanding of their audiences, build strong mutually rewarding relationships and deliver consistently effective and compelling communication programmes that improve the understanding of medical conditions and their treatments.
This could be a 100% work from home role if desired but ideally you would visit the office now and then. This is an inclusive, family-friendly company that cares about people’s commitments beyond work. People love working their – the agency’s Glassdoor score is an excellent 4.5.
The agency also excels in personal training and development with programmes for all levels of seniority far above the industry norm.
The Scientific Director role
You will head up a team of four comprising Scientific Director, Principal Medical Writer, Senior Medical Writer and Medical Writer and work closely with the agency’s Head of Strategy.
As Scientific Director, you will provide your team and designated accounts with operational and scientific leadership.
You are expected to develop high-quality, strategically sound scientific documents and build strong client relationships, to enable organic growth within your accounts and support clients with strategic advice.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of all projects you oversee and lead the Scientific Services team to be proactive both in their delivery and liaison with your clients.
The Scientific Director is also a senior manager, with input into the performance, training, review, workflow and growth of Scientific Services. The role will suit an experienced medical writer who is looking for a more senior role overseeing a department.
Finally, you will identify organic growth opportunities and propose innovative solutions to clients and lead and contribute to new business activities to support growth. This will include and isn’t limited to, developing and contributing new ideas to proposals, pitch delivery or credential presentations.
Skills and experience required
- At least five years’ broad experience gained in medical communications agencies to at least Principal Writer level or equivalent
- A robust scientific background and in-depth knowledge of traditional medical education projects
- Strong strategic thinking with a track record of success in working with pharmaceutical clients to develop medical communications strategies
- Experience in line management
- Lead writer skills: breadth of therapy area experience, strategic client counsel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- A high level of energy, self-motivation and passion for success
- Minimum science degree
Salary and benefits
- Full-time position with flexible and remote working option
- Competitive salary based on experience (to £80k)
- Annual 10% bonus based on agency and individual performance
- Training programmes far above industry standard
- Some international travel likely
If you are excited about joining a thriving boutique agency, have passion and drive, enjoy delivering beyond expectations and want to be part of a growing team, please send us your CV today.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.