Principal Medical Writer
Apply for Job
Unprecedented growth has created a new opening for a Principal Medical Copywriter at a leading medical communications agency.
The agency is ideally looking for a Senior Medical Writer with strong experience in writing promotional content (eg sales aids), but experience in this area isn’t essential.
This agency offers flexible hours and (part) work from home is also available.
This is one of the largest global networks in healthcare communications, providing strategic, integrated communication solutions for its clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and medical device industries.
The agency employs communication specialists across medical education, medical communications, advertising, digital, public relations and market access.
In medical education, their approach is founded on expertise that combines biomedical science, learning theory and behaviour change to create impactful medical and professional education.
The Principal Medical Copywriter role
The role ideally requires a strong understanding of promotional medical communications strategy, with the ability to craft and deliver campaigns and materials based on scientific and strategic understanding, and an interpretation of product attributes and data.
A key part of this role is ensuring the scientific integrity and editorial quality of content developed across a number of accounts and disciplines (ie medical education, brand promotion) by setting the standard for the internal team and mentoring and coaching editorial team members.
This is an integrated agency and the successful candidate must share their passion for offering solutions beyond the traditional.
• Senior Copywriter with strong experience in the medical arena
• Experience within a medical education / medical communications agency
• Senior Medical Writer with strong experience writing promotional content, eg sales aids
• Keen understanding of promotional medical communications strategy, including integration of market and competitor insights into positioning, messaging and content development
• Willingness to work across project stages from strategy through to material development and review
• High attention to detail and ability to adapt to clients’ compliance needs
• Ability to work across multi-disciplinary client teams during material development, including marketing, medical and legal
• Ability to coordinate and motivate junior writers to ensure projects are delivered in an accurate and timely manner
Salary and benefits
Salary of £65k + depending on experience. The agency also offers an unrivalled set of benefits, generous holiday allowance and flexible working.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.