Apply for Job
Independent, award-winning agency seeks an ambitious Medical Writer.
Are you longing to move away from large-agency culture and join an agile, responsive team where you can really make a difference? This new role, created due to a growing need for science-based content, could be perfect if you are looking for a new challenge.
There is no cap on salary - you will be paid according to your experience and ambition.
This fast-growing 25-person agency delivers highly effective, insight-driven medical communication and education programmes predominantly for global clients.
As part of this growth, it is seeking a creative Medical Writer to strengthen its Scientific Services team.
The Medical Writer role
You need to demonstrate both skill and desire to create a range of written content, from academically focussed publications, through to patient awareness and support materials.
Your work will cover a variety of disease areas and specific therapy experience is not required.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Scientific Services and demonstrate:
- A passionate, creative approach to the written word
- The ability to engage with and excite any audience – internal or external – about science and medicine
- Research and write to the highest standards for a wide range of medical education and communications materials, including oral congress presentations, client internal communications, patient support materials, training manuals, websites, scripts, abstracts, posters, print items, multimedia and social media
- Deliver high-quality content for creative medical education and communication projects aligned with objectives, specification, budget and schedule
- Develop in-depth knowledge of therapy area(s), markets, audiences, client strategy and key messages
- Maintain awareness of new developments in pharma
- Ensure accurate interpretation and incorporation of amendments from clients, KOLs and other project stakeholders and be responsible for proofing materials for print / production
- Input into the agency’s new business activities, including identifying potential new business opportunities
Experience and skills required
- Degree level or higher in a biomedical science
- Min two years’ medical education agency experience, ideally in writing and editorial
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communications skills
- Highest quality scientific writing, adapting content and style to suit different audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
Salary and benefits
- Full-time position with flexible and partly remote working
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual bonus based on agency and individual performance
- Training programmes far above industry standard
- Some international travel
If you are excited about joining a thriving boutique agency, have passion and drive, enjoy delivering beyond expectations and want to be part of a growing team, please send me your CV today.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.